Re: tubas - waste of space
As a tuba player for many years with the Cambridge Uni Brass Ensemble (players of many FAB-Roberts arrangements), I am happy to explain that there are many purposes of having a tuba:|
1) You have an automatic social secretary
2) You have someone drunk enough they can always be persuaded it is their round
3) You make more money busking, as Japanese tourists want to pose with the silliest instrument
4) It stops lazy French Horn players from moaning about having to stand
5) You can "claim extra payment" in canned beer more effectively with a large roomy tuba case
No musical reasons of course........